DON'T GO IT ALONE: BENEFITS OF OUTPATIENT PROGRAMMES
1. Maintain the ability to support your family An outpatient program gives you the flexibility to maintain your household responsibilities while going through the phases of recovery. Many patients have young children that require continued supervision and care. Other patients may have a spouse that works and aren’t able to schedule or pay for a full-time nanny. Outpatient programs offer freedom and flexibility, when needed.
2. Get help from your close family and friends Isolation is one of the largest threats to overcoming an addiction. In an inpatient program, our goal is that you experience community by meeting new people with the same struggle. Though if you don’t require inpatient services and have a strong network of family and friends who want to see you sober, an outpatient program might be an appropriate option.
3. Keep your privacy A huge roadblock in addiction recovery is embarrassment and shame. Many people struggle with admitting to themselves that they have a problem. Moments of embarrassment can prevent potential patients from entering into recovery. Our trained and professional staff are committed to your privacy and work with discretion. Your recovery community, those who are going through an outpatient program as well, can help you find confidence and feel safe while going through recovery at your own pace.
4. Pay less money The cost of outpatient recovery is significantly less expensive than inpatient recovery. This is often the primary reason that people choose outpatient programs. If you simply can’t afford inpatient, many people find an intensive outpatient program to be more feasible.
5. Build community with others in recovery in your area One of the keys to maintaining sobriety is having a strong community of peers in recovery. You can find a deep sense of family that fully understands what you are going through. With an outpatient program, you can begin to develop this community from day one and they will still be there years down the road. This is invaluable for your long-term sobriety.
6. Keep your presence at school or work
Many people can’t simply uproot their lives and suspend school or work for weeks in order to go through recovery. Intensive outpatient services will give you the flexibility to maintain your work or school schedule. While you may need to take some time off during the most intense periods of withdrawal, you will most likely be able to continue with your responsibilities. Additionally, work or school can provide a necessary and healthy outlet during the intense work of recovery.
Journey's Intensive Outpatient Programme offers you the support you need when taking on your addiction outside of rehab. Our holistic programme covers all aspects of relapse prevention, addiction education as well as individual and group therapy.
Don't go it alone - we're here to help 011 786 0326 / 082 447 6727 firstname.lastname@example.org www.journeycentre.co.za